Find your local chapter information below, including meeting dates and times, if available. If your chapter's meeting information is not listed, please contact the Chapter President and/or visit the chapter's Facebook page.
MSMA Chapter Presidents – List of chapter presidents and their contact information.
- Chapter President Annette Carruthers, CMA (AAMA) email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geneseechapterofmedassistants
- Chapter President Carol Dew, MA-T, CMA-AC (AAMA)
- Great Lakes Bay
- Greater Detroit
- Greater Kent County
- Chapter President Jennifer Bozung, CMA (AAMA) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greater Wexford’s County
- Meeting the third Thursday of each month except June-August; Symposium in the Fall
- Location: Jackson College
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jackson-Medical-Assistants-AAMA/289778134487682
- Chapter President Dorthea Barr, CMA (AAMA) email@example.com
- Meeting the second Wednesday of each month (except June – August)
- Location: Beaumont Hospital – Royal Oak; administration building (south side of hospital), lower level, classroom B
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ocmaofmichigan/
- Chapter President Sandy Stefanek, CMA (AAMA) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wayne County
What duties may be delegated to a medical assistant in the state of MI?
Donald A. Balasa, JD, MBA, chief executive officer and legal counsel for the American Association of Medical Assistants, has written his legal opinion regarding the duties within the medical assistant’s scope of practice that may be delineated to medical assistants practicing in Michigan and has provided additional resources to help answer this frequently asked question.
Additional information regarding state-specific scope of practice laws can be found on the AAMA website. If you are still not able to find answers, there is a contact form at the bottom of their web page that allows you to send a query to Donald Balasa, JD, MBA.