This year's annual House of Delegates (HOD) meeting will take place on Friday, April 26, 2019 during the MSMA Annual Spring Convention. Location to be announced.
Beginning of February 2019 - Speaker of the House Christa Smith, CMA (AAMA) will send a Call for Reports to MSMA BOD members, AAMA Delegates, and Chapter Presidents
February 25, 2019 - Reports due to Speaker Smith
February 25, 2019 - Names of delegates/alternates due to MSMA President, Speaker, Vice Speaker, and Credentials Chair
Delegates/Alternates must have paid their dues to AAMA by December 31, 2018
Delegates/Alternates must be elected by the chapter - your chapter will have to vote no later than February 25, 2019. Please plan accordingly!
March 27, 2019 - Delegate packet will be posted on MSMA's website
Delegates and Alternates
Delegates are needed to represent their local chapters and conduct the business of the MSMA. The HOD is the governing body of the MSMA and "shall have the authority to determine the policies of MSMA, the power to amend the Bylaws, act upon such business as may be presented, conduct the election of officers and delegates and alternate delegates to the AAMA House of Delegates" (MSMA Bylaws, rev 4/28/17; Article IX - House of Delegates, Section 1).
Delegates and alternates must be active, associate, or life members in good standing of the MSMA. Due must be paid to AAMA by December 31, 2018. Please be sure to review your chapter's Bylaws to determine who may automatically qualify as a delegate (Chapter President, Vice President, President-Elect, etc.). Additional delegates and alternates shall be elected by the chapter membership up to the number of delegates allowed for your chapter.
Tellers and Pages
If you are not eligible to be a delegate, please consider volunteering to become a page or teller. Pages are responsible for distributing messages between delegates, and tellers distribute, collect, and count ballots.
These important roles help to ensure the House runs smoothly and they are a great opportunity to participates and learn about the proceedings of the HOD. If you are interested in either of these positions, please contact Vice Speaker Isabel Chokr, CMA (AAMA) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding the above information, or about the HOD in general, please contact Speaker of the House Christa Smith, CMA (AAMA) at email@example.com.
Live online presentation by AAMA’s Chief Executive Officer and Legal Counsel Don Balasa, JD, MBA. Available for CEU with State or local chapter officer present for meeting. See below for more information.
Please call the number below at 11:57 am to ensure that everyone is ready to start promptly at 12:00 pm.
Passcode: 312 899 1500
Live online presentation by AAMA’s Chief Executive Officer and Legal Counsel Don Balasa, JD, MBA. Available for CEU with state or local chapter officer present for meeting. See below for more information.
UPDATE: The conference call number has changed per Mr. Balasa!!
Please call the number below at 5:57 pm to ensure that everyone is ready to start promptly at 6:00 pm.
Passcode: 312 899 1500
A special thank you to the Sunrise Side Chapter for hosting the 2018 Fall Conference at the Ramada Inn in Alpena, Michigan
- AAMA Member $45.00, postmarked by Sept 6, 2018; $65.00, postmarked by Sept 13, 2018
- Non-Member $75.00, postmarked by Sept 6 2018; $95.00, postmarked by Sept 13, 2018
- MSMA Past President $15.00, postmarked by Sept 6, 2018; $35.00, postmarked by Sept 13, 2018
- Student (Send copy of student ID with registration) $15.00, postmarked by Sept 6, 2018; $35.00, postmarked by Sept 13, 2018
- Non-Conference Attendee Meal Ticket Price $15.00
Deadline for registration is September 6, 2018. Late registrations will be accepted only until September 13, 2018. Deadline for hotel reservation is September 7, 2018.
- Proof of AAMA membership and/or current student ID required at Registration Desk.
- If an email is provided, an email confirmation of registration receipt will be sent.
- Name badges must be worn to all MSMA conference functions for admission.
- Registration deadline is September 6, 2018. Late registrations accepted only until September 13, 2018. Cancellation policy: Written notice of cancellation must be postmarked by September 13, 2018. A $20 administrative fee will be retained. No refunds will be issued after September 13, 2018.
- Any onsite registrations cannot be guaranteed food.
- Returned check will be assessed an administrative fee of the current bank rate.
- Total CEUs are based on actual contact hours. You must attend 90% of each session to earn CEUs.
- Agenda is subject to change. Education sessions may be subject to change and pending CEU approval with MSMA Education Committee and AAMA.
- Eligible non-members may join AAMA with completion of a membership application.
- In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact Leigh Newell at 313-377-0453 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for accommodations.
Ramada Inn of Alpena
1000 U.S. 23 North
Alpena, MI 49701
- Hotel room reservations are the responsibility of the attendee. Attendees must contact the hotel directly at 989-956-2151.
- Use group name: Michigan Society of Medical Assistants.
- The room rates are as follows: 1 King bed: $84.00 plus tax; 2 Double beds: $84.00 plus tax; Complimentary breakfasts included with room for registered guests only.
- Reservations must be accompanied by a first night room deposit, or guaranteed with a major credit card.
- Room reservations received after the deadline will be subject to availability.
- All questions or concerns should be directed to the hotel. MSMA does not accept any responsibility for room reservations.
- If any difficulties arise with making reservations under the Michigan Society of Medical Assistants group, please contact Leigh Newell at 313-377-0453 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Hotel reservation deadline is September 7, 2018.
Hundreds of medical assistants from across the country will gather in Salt Lake City, Utah September 14-17, 2018 for the AAMA 62nd Annual Conference. Be a part of the event and download the Registration Brochure today!
- Registration and payment must be received at the AAMA by August 14, 2018. Registration types include full, daily, and student daily. See Registration Brochure for more information.
- Guests of the Hilton Salt Lake City Center receive a conference registration discount. You must provide your Hilton Salt Lake City Center reservation confirmation number upon registration to receive the discount.
- Reservations at the Hilton Salt Lake City Center must be made on or before August 27, 2018. After that date, reservations will be taken on a space-available basis at the best available rate at that time.
- Room rates are $169 (single, double, triple, or quadruple occupancy) and are subject to applicable state and local taxes (currently 12.6 percent and subject to change).
- To make reservations, go to AAMA's personalized booking page at www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups...