This year's annual House of Delegates (HOD) meeting will take place on Friday, April 13, 2018 during the MSMA Annual Spring Convention in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Important Dates
- End of January 2018 - Speaker of the House Christa Smith, CMA (AAMA) will send a Call for Reports to MSMA BOD members, AAMA delegates, and chapter presidents
- February 12, 2018 - Reports due to Speaker Smith
- February 12, 2018 - Names of delegates/alternates due to MSMA President, Speaker, Vice Speaker, and Credentials Chair
- Delegates/Alternates must have paid their dues to AAMA by December 31, 2017
- Delegates/Alternates must be elected by the chapter - your chapter will have to vote no later than February 12, 2018
- March 14, 2018 - Delegate packet will be posted on MSMA's website
Delegates and Alternates
Delegates are needed to represent their local chapters and conduct the business of the MSMA. The HOD is the governing body of the MSMA and "shall have the authority to determine the policies of MSMA, the power to amend the Bylaws, act upon such business as may be presented, conduct the election of officers and delegates and alternate delegates to the AAMA House of Delegates" (MSMA Bylaws, rev 4/28/17; Article IX - House of Delegates, Section 1).
Delegates and alternates must be active, associate, or life members in good standing of the MSMA. Due must be paid to AAMA by December 31, 2017. Please be sure to review your chapter's Bylaws to determine who may automatically qualify as a delegate (Chapter President, Vice President, President-Elect, etc.). Additional delegates and alternates shall be elected by the chapter membership up to the number of delegates allowed for your chapter.
Tellers and Pages
If you are not eligible to be a delegate, please consider volunteering to become a page or teller. Pages are responsible for distributing messages between delegates, and tellers distribute, collect, and count ballots.
These important roles help to ensure the House runs smoothly and they are a great opportunity to participates and learn about the proceedings of the HOD. If you are interested in either of these positions, please contact Vice Speaker Holly Griffith, CMA (AAMA) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding the above information, or about the HOD in general, please contact Speaker of the House Christa Smith, CMA (AAMA) at email@example.com.